Monday, July 31, 2006

learning from a dog...

When I play my piano, our dog, Whitaker, loves to come and lay down on the floor either behind or beside me and listen. Sometimes he goes to sleep, and other times he just lays and listens... Either way, though, I enjoy watching as he takes the time out of his barking at my little brothers and chasing them around the yard or house and lays down to just do nothing and listen to music. It's not the fact that it is my music... just the fact that he loves to sit there and listen. It kind of amuses me, yet at the same time, as silly as it sounds, it inspires me as well.

I love to listen to music, but I find that in my life I sometimes get too busy to just stop and notice the little things. God has placed so much beauty in our lives, and it is just sitting there, waiting to be noticed. God didn't make His incredible creation for us to just walk on by. He made it to be enjoyed and made the most of... just
as He didn't make us to throw our lives away or to be wasted, but He made us for Himself to enjoy. We need to live so as to glorify Him in all that we do. He wants us to trust Him and let Him have our lives to make the most of them, but so often we ignore Him and just walk on by...

Why is that so easy to do?? We were created by God, and for God...

"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." ~ Colossian 1:16

So.. why can't we just live that out in our lives? Genesis 1:27 says "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." He would never have made us in His own image if He did not like us and did not enjoy us. We need to live our lives in worship to Him.

No comments: