Thursday, February 15, 2007

when i'm a sparrow in winter..

"when i'm a sparrow in winter
You are the seed i find
when i'm a heart with a splinter
Your blood keeps me alive
if i could call You a color
Youd be the deepest of blues
if i had my pleasure of anything
You'd be the One that i'd choose

now it's crystal clear i'm falling for You
now that i can see the mystery's revealed
now i'm coming clean
i can feel my fears release
now it's crystal clear
i'm falling for You

i'm soft like clay
Your hands, they mold me
for You, i would run away
just to hear You calling out my name

... i'm broken and empty
without You i'm blinded
i need You
i need You near me
i need You near me

now it's crystal clear
i'm falling for You
now that i can see the mystery's revealed
now i'm coming clean
i can feel my fears release
now it's crystal clear
i'm falling for You

please catch me
i'm falling for You.."

~ "crystal clear"... recorded by jaci velasquez

Honestly, what caught my ear this time around on this song was the line "when I'm a sparrow in winter, You are the seed I find.." We have had so much snow lately. There's no ground showing, and by the looks of things, it is going to be a while before the ground does show again. It's this lovely, pure white out there... that is, where the snow lies untouched by cars and plows and sleds and all. I love when it's new and pure and white, and not that ugly gray you see along the roads.

Anyway.. the line about the sparrow got me thinking.. we've got bird feeders out, and I love watching as all the different kinds of birds come to eat. Cardinals, blue jays, bluebirds, even a woodpecker or two.. we've got so many kinds of birds out there. They come and find the seed we put out for them.. and that is what I thought of when I heard that line.. When I don't have any hope of food in sight, when I'm all alone.. when I have absolutely nothing left in the world, I still have Jesus. No, I've not actually been in a situation where I have had literally nothing in the world, but you know what.. I've seen plenty of people who are in that situation. The people I encountered in Nicaragua and their way of life is still making an impact on me, even now, when I've been home for what, 7 or 8 months now...

Matthew 10 talks about how God even knows how many hairs are on our heads.. nothing happens even to a little sparrow that He doesn't see. Matthew 6 mentions a similar concept, as the flowers we see in His creation are so lovely.. and yet if He makes them beautiful and takes care of them.. how much more is He going to take care of us, His children... He is our seed.. He is our Provider.

No matter what I'm going through in my life.. He is the One I can always rely on. He has proven Himself faithful to me over and over. He has my complete trust... I have no reason not to trust Him.

1 comment:

Julie and John Wright said...

Tara not only does God know how many hairs are on your head, the Bible tells us that he has them numbered. so when you loose a hair,.....he knows which one!